Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day!

I guess we brought the Wyoming winter home with us. First, last Saturday it was so cold that some fuse blew and we and four of our neighbors were without power all day, from 8 a.m. until almost 8 p.m. I guess there were pockets of other houses around that it happened to also, we weren't the only lucky ones. When we turned on the heat the thermostat read 46 degrees. Brrrr! It was a cold day (it was much colder than that outside). I know that's nothing for Wyoming, but it sure feels cold when the Inside is that cold. Then, we woke up this morning, opened the blinds, and I thought I was back in Wyoming. I took these pictures in the morning, and it snowed all day long! I think we got at least 6 inches. The neighbors were so excited they were out playing in it by 7:30 in the morning. Thankfully Abby had already had plenty of snow recently and she was able to wait until 10:30. Also thankfully, Darrin took her out. And the neighbors were back out by then too.

Jimmy still loves the snow. He didn't get to go to Wyoming this year, so I'm glad he had a chance to play in the snow anyway. AND!!! See our new fence! Yeah!! Jimmy loves it.
Here are the neighbor kids sledding. Darrin is the one in the back with the cardboard. The cardboard actually worked really well, better than the other kids' boogie boards.
Abby and Darrin
We left Abby's boots in Wyoming (where the snow is), so plastic bags had to suffice.

1 comment:

Emily Petty said...

Wow! I had no idea NC could get that much snow! I totally forgot about using plastic bags - which is what we did all the time when we were younger - I'll have to remember that! Yea for "homemade" devices!