Sean is 1! Somehow he knew when his birthday was, because right around his birthday he sure changed a lot. He isn't walking yet, but I can tell that he will in the near future. A couple of weeks ago I thought it would still take months. He is suddenly standing and pulling himself up like a pro. He is just able to move himself around so much more adeptly. He found the stairs this week and went right up. And it seems that his eyes became more intelligent almost overnight. We just had a wonderful visit from Grandma Helen, Auntie Laura and Ashton, and Uncle Keith and Jason. They came at just the right time to see him all grown up. Here are some pictures of his birthday and a couple others I've taken recently.
Here is Abby singing happy birthday to him.
He did very well opening a few presents.
Even though he is growing up and doing so much better than he was, we are still have digestion (and sleep) issues. So here he is with some avocado while Abby enjoys his birthday cake. (I mostly made the cake for me. :)
He is getting better at standing up and getting back down, but right on his birthday he would still get stuck and call for help to get back down. He's still got a great smile.

He just started to look at books instead of gnaw on them. But you shouldn't be fooled by his studious look here. He is actually pulling the fuzz out of this touch and feel book so that he can eat it. Any kind of hair seems to be his favorite right now. He's not picky about it, he'll take anything with little fibers: carpet, string, blankets, clothes, pet hair, people hair (from the floor or from the head), tissue (not really hairy, but probably his favorite thing to put in his mouth, see previous picture), and now hairy books. He picks stuff up plenty, but the funny thing is when he finds something he wants a bite of, like a blanket, and he'll put it in him mouth and then pull it out as hard as he can through his clenched teeth. I think he's going to pull a tooth out.

Here's a silly one with Daddy. Oh! Fooled you. This is Abby right around her first birthday. I always get a kick out of looking through her pictures and comparing them, so you get to see it too.

And now for the favorite trick. This isn't a great video of it, but you get the idea. It's been "uh-oh" all day long for about three weeks. And it's still cute.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Sean! We sure had a fun time with you and Abby for your birthday. I love the Uh Oh! I keep replaying mine from my camera. Sorry to birthday cake for you, but I know you like your avocado. Thanks to your parents for letting us come and visit you.
Love, Grandma
Should have been sorry "no" birthday cake for Sean.
Post a Comment